Thursday, November 8, 2012

So I sit here today looking out at the lousy winter like day and have to wonder how will it get into the 60's this weekend.  Well I know the kids and my farmer will be happy for a few more nice days because there is still tons to do before the winter truly sets in. 

Although I an not planning a homemade dinner for this evening I thought I'd put out another recipe for all of you.  I know the title of Meatloaf will throw off some of you because you all remember your mom's meatloaf, that at least in my house had to be covered in ketchup just to eat it.  The recipe I use is moist and delicious and above all easy!  I admit I cannot take full credit for it because the base of it came from the Kraft company, but I have adapted a few things to make it my own.

Open Meadow Farm Meatloaf

1 lb. ground Black Angus or Beefalo
1 lb. ground sweet Italian sausage (you can use links and squeeze out the meat)
2 eggs
1/2 c. water
1 package pork stuffing mix- 6 oz.
1/8 c. favorite BBQ sauce
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients together well and separate into 2 parts, form into 2 loaves in a 13 x 9 pan.  Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.  Spread another 1/4-1/2 c. BBQ sauce over tops of loaves and bake for another 5-10 minutes.  Let rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve with mashed potatoes or rice and local in season vegetables.

We hope you will enjoy one of the recipes I post and remember to buy local.
The farmers wife

No comments:

Post a Comment