Friday, August 10, 2012

Well as you can tell I am not a very good blogger at this point but I do have legitimate excuses, too numerous to mention here but I will elaborate a little by just saying the word WORK. 

Yes we are in the full swing of market season around here, Mondays in Billerica, Wednesdays in Middleton, Fridays are Groton and in Marblehead on Saturday mornings.  Now it would seem that markets might be my husband "the farmer's" job..but not this year, we've swapped things up a bit from last season, now I attend all except Marblehead.  So 3 times a week I climb into our market truck, kinda looks like an ice cream truck, and head off to the markets to attend to our valued customers.  This of course leaves the rest of the family to tend to everything else like feeding and watering animals, collecting vegetable for the pigs, moving chicken tractors and everything else that goes along with daily duties. 

Also don't forget we have monthly deliveries to make as well as our monthly Mass Local Food Co-op orders to fill so there is not a day that goes by without the whole family pitching in somewhere.  Not sure what is going to happen in a few weeks when the kids go back to school, they are troopers getting into work clothes and grabbing their work gloves and boots to head out the door with either dad or mom.  Every market I attend I usually take someone with me, its nice company and their learning a little more about the business end of things.



 Cows chowing to their hearts content on the freshest of feed!
 Here is our newest little piggies....
 These are two of our "employees"- keeping it in the family!

 These chicks were just a few days old, they will grow really fast....




 Above enjoying a feast of fresh greens and below showing their wooded retreat.
Until next time when I have few hours to myself....remember to buy local!

No comments:

Post a Comment